jeudi 29 mai 2014

Cascade Mtn via a BW along Cascade Falls and Cascade Slide (#7 slide) - 5/29/14

Tonight after work I parked at the Cascade Lakes picnic area and followed the herd path to the base of Cascade Falls. I then bushwhacked on the left side of the falls until I was above the falls. At that point I cut over to the slide above the falls (#7 slide) and followed that up to the headwall at the top. I found the slide to be comparable to Bennies Brook Slide once you are above the falls.



At the headwall, I skirted right around the wall and then bushwhacked the last 500' in relatively open conifers and birches. The total distance to the top was 1.2 miles with 2000 vertical. Once above the falls, the climbing wasn't as steep.



It took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to do the BW to the top. I had the summit of Cascade to myself at 6:30 PM.



I then did a little bit of a trail run over to Porter and back (30 minutes) and then it took me another 30 minutes to get down the Cascade Trail to the pass. A short hike on Rt 73 along Upper Cascade Lake and I was back at the car at 7:45.



I found the BW to be much more enjoyable than using the trail. Great night to catch a couple peaks.



More details and pics here .









Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire