vendredi 30 mai 2014

fujian animal's thread of honest questions

Okay, so I've had time to think, and also I bought a new phone (this one allows me to watch videos). I also looked up the definition of trolling. I'm also trying to improve my texting skills. I realised that, while I am somewhat knowledgeable, my cup needs emptying. I thought I had all the answers, but I was wrong, and it was ignorant of me to suggest otherwise. I am a student, living, growing and learning. So, taking a different route, rather than stating my limited and possibly false knowledge and personal views, I have decided to ask more questions and to double check my facts before making myself look foolish. Granted, most of my questions are related to Bruce Lee and his martial arts legacy, and to Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do, the martial art that I practice. This thread was created specifically for my own research and personal notes, but it could also be used to educate other viewers with questions related to my own. If you see a question on here that you know the answer to, please share your answers with the rest of our circle without bias or discrimination. As the thread's creator (OP), I humbly request that you show respect to this thread by not arguing. Please be selfless and considerate to everyone, and correct any misinformation you find in a disciplinary and proper way. Also, please refrain from all sarcasm and be polite by not posting silly comments, videos or images that might be taken as rude, vulgar or offensive. Thank you all ahead of time, and without further ado, I will ask the first set of questions:



#1- what date (month, day, year) did Bruce Lee first coin the term "Jeet Kune Do"? also how did he come up with that name? and if different but relevant, what year was JKD founded - or when, where and to whom was JKD first taught?

#2 - what is the difference style-wise between Seattle JKD, Oakland JKD and Los Angeles JKD as it was being taught in Bruce's lifetime?

#3 - what was the Hollywood style "Tao of Chinese Gung Fu" that Bruce was teaching to celebrity students, and how is it different from JKD? I heard he gave ToCGF certificates to movie students, JFGF certificates to classroom students, and JKD certificates to his private students. Is this true, and if so, why?

#4 - in percentages, what elements (or styles) is JFJKD borrowed or modified from? For example: 50% wing chun, etc. Also, in more specific terms using the 4 ranges, what specific styles (or techniques) did Bruce adapt to his own personal JKD? It's been suggested that some JKD elements are original and unique to JKD, having been invented by Bruce Lee himself. Which techniques, specifically, and how are they unique?



This is just to get the ball rolling. I was able to find my old personal journal, which contains a wealth of mixed information, but it's complex and unorganized, with facts distorted by misinformation or incomplete research, so any help here would be much appreciated. I never finished making a record of "all" the people Bruce Lee gave JFGF, ToCGF and JKD certificates to, in regards to what rank, what art, what school, and what day they were issued. Another question I had was out of curiosity, did Chuck Norris or Joe Lewis ever receive a certificate from Bruce Lee? What was the significance or purpose of the ranking system and certifications in JKD, when was it started, and when and why was it later abolished? Do the JKD organizations use a standard ranking system or certification program today? I was never given a JKD certificate, so I don't know. I like doing homework , but I must admit that I am not very educated when it comes to JKD politics, so some education in the different focus of different JKD branches would help. Is there a genuine consensus? Or is it better to avoid certain questions? Thank you again for taking the time to answer. I will post more questions in the future, as my curiosity arises, but this was just to get my feet wet.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire