vendredi 30 mai 2014

NPT Yo-Yo

Since last year, I've planning on a Vermont Long Trail through-hike in early June of this year. Based on time constraints, that adventure has been delayed until another time. That still left my hiking buddy and me a time slot that needed to be filled with some good time in the woods. We have redirected our sights to a Northbound through-hike of the NPT. He was looking forward to having to take less time than anticipated off from work, and I was thinking that I'd fill the remainder of the time I had planned with another challenge after we completed the NPT (Saranac 6ers, some high peaks, etc.)



Now it's looking like my friend might not be able to join me at all due to an injury, so that leaves me solo. I had really gotten my hopes up about hitting the NPT again and I have the time off so I may as well use it...I think that I'll yo-yo the NPT starting at Benson, up to Placid, and back to Benson. It's close to the distance of the Long Trail (240-ish miles versus 272-ish) but without all those pesky mountains in the way.



When I did my through hike last year, I put a link to my SPOT tracker in a post HERE. Forum member Rusty and the Maniac commented that "I think alot of people missed out on this thread" so I thought I'd post the link to my SPOT a little earlier in case anyone else wants to follow along at home.



I'll be starting at the Upper Benson trailhead on Friday, June 6th sometime in the AM. The SPOT page will not show anything until I get started, so if you click it now it says something like "No Data Received."



Here is the link: http://ift.tt/1oRIdGV



In the interim, if any of you have some trail condition updates, I'd gladly take them. Mud and bugs are assumed! :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire