vendredi 25 juillet 2014

7/25/14 Big Thirteenth Lake mountain

Parked at the trailhead for Thirteenth Lake. Followed the trail along the west side of the lake for about a mile to the intersection with the Peaked mountain trail. Then, I went off trail and headed north up the southern ridge of Little Thirteenth Lake mountain. Within 10 minutes, I started getting views from the patches of open rock. I continued along the ridge losing only 100 feet before the final climb up Big Thirteenth Lake mountain. There was a nice view from a rock promontory about 1/10 mile west of the summit. Had a close up view of Peaked and Slide mountains. The top of mountain was covered with raspberry plants, but I found only a couple worth eating. The bear must have gotten them all. He did leave me lots of paths to follow all over the mountain side. After a snack, I headed down southeast toward the trail. I then drove over to the Old Farm Clearing trailhead. Followed the easy trail along the east side of the Thirteenth Lake for a short ways to Elizabeth point. There were a couple of camp sites here and sort of a sandy beach. While sitting on a big rock by the water, I watched a kayak lazily paddle by. Felt nice with the warm breezes and no bugs. Waded my feet in the water before heading back.



pictures




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire