jeudi 31 juillet 2014

Help me plan a 7 day Glacier NP trip!

My cousin has a seasonal job in Yellowstone NP, cleaning facilities at Old Faithful.



I spoke to him about meeting him in the early fall and doing a road / car camping trip in and around Glacier NP.



Many of you know that I prefer backcountry but I think this first trip would be better as a "scouting" kind of trip in which I try to see a little of it all...and maybe I'll have a favorite area in the end and focus on doing a backcountry trip in that area next time.



What I'd like to do is try to start at the northwest part of the park (Bowman Lake?) and then take the better part of a week camping somewhere different every night, while I "zigzag around"...working my way to the northeast part of the park and then southeast and back towards Bozeman, where we hope to find a place to leave a car.



We hope to see a lot from the road, and maybe we can get in some short hikes to extraordinary spots.



Here's a catch - since I can't do backcountry, at a minimum I'd like to go to places and camp at campgrounds that are remote and off the beaten path.



Can you help me put together an itinerary? (Night one in the northwest part of park, final night in southeast part)



I'm looking at either the first week in September or the third week in September - are there advantages to one or the other?



Thanks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire