dimanche 27 juillet 2014

Total beginner boat choice? Inflatable?

Short background. I'm looking to get into kayaking both with the family including myself my wife and my 6 year old and any combination of the three of us including myself solo. I have no equipment and live in a small apartment. It seems like a convertible inflatable kayak would be a good choice along with a solo kayak to accommodate the full family. But I'm not sure how inflatables hold up to rocks/trees or anything else I will likely run into as a beginner. Something like this caught my attention.



http://ift.tt/1tQR3qy



Is this a horrible idea in the Adirondacks because it's just not sturdy enough to take a beating? I imagine as a beginner I'll be running into all sorts of rocks and underwater pointy things.



As far as where and what i'm looking to do. I think I would mostly enjoy exploring calm rivers/waterways more so then lakes but i'm sure i'll hit some small lakes at some point too.



TLDR: Is an inflatable kayak an ok choice for the Adirondacks for a beginner to explore calm rivers and likely run into stuff because beginner?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire