jeudi 2 octobre 2014

Saranac River Landlocked Salmon

I am interested in giving the LLS of the Saranac a go this fall. My understanding is it's a downtown Plattsburgh deal and that October and November is prime time but I suspect we need some rain to bring in some fish.There are special regs.



Questions: What is the fishing like? Is it fish all day and catch one fish and that is considered a good day? Are you swinging a wet fly and what patterns and sizes? Tackle..9' 6 weight ok? I was told by one guy don't dare bring a Spey rod which is okay as I don't have one anyway. The implication was it could get crowded.



I am an hour from good steelhead on our side but this is something that has always interested me. But really I am just looking for an excuse to spend a couple of bleak mid week November days in Plattsburgh..hahaha.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire