jeudi 29 décembre 2016

Gold Belt

I am the founder and gold belt in Neo-Bokator. I always wanted to be a martial arts master since the first day I saw someone with a black belt. I remember it vividly, it was in taekwondo, they had black collars on their gi, not the white collars that the colored belts had.

I've studied martial arts since I was a kid. I started with WTF taekwondo, then some karate. When I got into high school it was only natural to start wrestling. Then I learnt some judo throws and when MMA got popular I checked out BJJ. I've also done some kickboxing and thai boxing.

Now I teach the noble art of Neo-Bokator at a private facility. I've put together all the best parts from the different styles I've studied. It's not just how to do the different things, like grappling and striking, but actually blending it together to become a full system.

I'll honestly say that I never had a black belt, but to have an easier time teaching people I've awarded myself with a gold belt I found on Amazon. It helps me tap into the master persona. Students just needs certain things to feel at home in the dojo.

Despite this, I do teach them pretty legit stuff. I teach them boxing basics, kicking basics, wrestling, judo. People are actually very impressed. Down the street they teach boxing, but they don't kick or grapple, so I am pretty much miles ahead of the competition at this location. I am a respected member of the community.

I hope this forum can be a place for me to vent. Sometimes I doubt myself and run into trouble with certain students. Here I can anonymously discuss matters with other masters.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire