vendredi 30 décembre 2016

Marcy Skiable new year's eve?

I'm planning to test the wind (40mph?!) at least to the tree line on the van hoevenberg trail to mt marcy over NYE. Hopefully, I'll do it on skis, but will have to decided in the dark.

Anyone here have insight? If it looks good on the flats, will it be good elsewhere? Is there a base yet? Will I destroy my skins?

The last trip report on marcy I can find was near 2 months ago (no snow, no surprise). The most recent report on the forums is 30 miles south (palmer pond) but in the same snow band. The pictures look bad for rock skis.
There has only been 2 in since then at the closets (my guess) station to macry (mt van hoevenberg). The total snow is around 8 in there; and it looks like 2 more will come while on trail.

Attachment 18568


Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: gif marcy_snow+pred_20161230-31.gif (43.6 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire