mercredi 28 décembre 2016

Saranac Campground Info

Hello all,

I am looking to get a campsite in the Saranac Islands campground this upcoming June for opening weekend of bass season. It may seem early for this inquiry, but according to the ReserveAmerica website, the sites are filling up quickly for that weekend and indeed for the rest of the summer.

I am having difficulty finding information about specific sites. I camped once on Middle Saranac about 20 years ago; I remember a long paddle from the put-in on First Pond and passing through the locks, but I don't remember much about specific sites. Can anyone recommend specific sites on either Lower or Middle, or maybe give some advice as to which sites to avoid? I usually go to places like Cranberry or Little Tupper where it's 1st come, so if you don't like your site you just move to a better one. Not an option here, so I'm hoping to get some information to help me pick the right spot.

Any advice between Middle and Lower Saranac. I've read both are really good for bass, which is why I'm going there for the opening of the season. I'm wondering if there is something to recommend one over the other? Fishing is our primary reason for this particular trip, but I also like places with a quiet place to paddle or a nice hike.

Lastly, any idea what sort of boat traffic I should expect? We will be travelling by canoe, although I may bring the little electric trolling motor along.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge shared, and Happy New Year.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire