mardi 23 juillet 2019

Crocs Swiftwater model clogs for paddling”+

Past threads here indicate that some folks love Crocs for paddling but many don’t because they can be slippery. The benefits of lightweight, non-water absorbing, slip-on shoes are obvious for paddlers and many hikers use them temporarily for water crossings. Indeed, standard crocs can be treacherous when on wet rocks or boat ramps with algae, particularly once the minimal tread on the sole wears down.

Maybe 3 years ago I tried the Crocs Marine version (called Swiftwater) and have been very happy with them. They are slightly more rugged than the standard model, have a more secure strap (adjustable with Velcro) and most important, a better sole. The sole is a harder plastic than the upper, glued on and has a tread pattern that works far better on wet surfaces, even after a few years of wear. The tread reminds me of the “siping” on classic deck shoes.

On my camping trips I bring only the Crocs & hiking shoes. For paddling, they are all I bring even with modest portages. I often wear these Crocs for yardwork & walking the dog. Mine are big enough that I can wear socks with them (helpful for bug protection and avoiding clammy or cold feet). BTW – I often wear knee high soccer type socks for bug or sawgrass protection (biking in FL) when wearing short pants.

The current pricing on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072LPPTJJ/ref=emc_b_5_t is less than the $44 I paid for most sizes/colors (some < $30). They come in different colors and I find them to be sized a bit large so order down if in doubt. Curious if others have tried these & if you recommend. Worth a try if you like Crocs but find them slippery.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire