vendredi 12 juillet 2019

Would You Be Offended Or Not?

I had an interesting interaction tonight worth sharing for comment...

Like many of the avid anglers on this forum, I'm a big believer in strictly adhering to fishing rules and regulations--both because I love trout fishing and the lessons it teaches my sons, and my profession is in natural resources management. Over the past several years I've attended several public hearings complaining about the lack of adequate DEC enforcement, though I'm fully aware that state budgets and priorities aren't where they should be to protect our beautiful ADK gifts. So on an outing tonight with one of my sons when I was approached by a Encon officer (notably on a heavily pressured catch-and-release public fishing stream where in 10 years I've never seen one before), I was more than happy to show him our licenses and permit a search of our persons and truck to be sure we weren't keeping any fish. While the officer was a consummate professional during the interaction, I must admit I was surprised when he told me he'd received a report that a person matching my exact description was keeping fish. While of course no violations were found and our conversation (again) was very cordial, I can't help but to feel more than irked that someone could mistake careful CPR fishing (as per the picture) with illegally harvesting fish in a catch-and-release fishing stream. The officer shared his business card with me and I've already sent him a note to thank him for his service, but what say you all?? Would you all be po'd to have this kind of interaction?

Thanks, NHtroutster

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190712_184642-2.jpg (110.5 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire