mercredi 31 juillet 2019

electric trolling motor on canoe?

Sometimes living in NY is hard. My wife had shoulder surgery so I was thinking I'd register the canoe and toss a tiny trolling motor on it. NY makes this process onerous, to say the least. Has anyone done this with a canoe that they weren't the first owner of? Any tips? It seems almost impossible, given the amount of provenance they seem to require:

You will need the Manufacturer’s Certificate or Statement of Origin (MCO or MSO) signed over to the new owner;
the original owner’s bill of sale from all subsequent transfers between individuals; and
a bill of sale from the prior owner (see #1b).

If a boat is 1987 or newer and 14 ft. or longer, and not documented, a NYS resident must obtain a title in their name before transferring it to a new owner.

I'm going to try, but I don't foresee success. I expect I'll get beat down by DMV in one way or another. And this doesn't even include requesting hull numbers and having them come and inspect the canoe.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire