dimanche 25 mai 2014

Kaatsu

So I was just at a big conference on Knee surgery last week and I bumped into a guy singing the praises of Kaatsu... been at least 7 + years since it was discussed on here so I thought I would bring it up again to see what people thought.



(http://ift.tt/1r612un)



Kaatsu is a weird Japanese method where people use a tourniquet to occlude blood flow when lifting. Some people just use leg wraps and wrap their arms or legs to get the same effect as the tourniquets. Some say it gives a great swole while there appears to be some possiblity that there are strength gains at the same time. Problem that I have is that they are using only about 20% rm and multiple sets of 10-15 reps. There are theopries that this causes huge increases in growth hormone release. I still haven't seen anything that convinces me yet.



So anyone tried this? Seen it? Have any thoughts?



LFD




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire