samedi 23 août 2014

attending seminars that aren't your style?

So I've spent a good amount of time during the last few months before I moved to my new house looking around for martial arts classes in all sorts of styles, everything I could find. I recently found that while there's not a lot of local classes, there are seminars in all sorts of things that I never even thought about.



Now, I'm almost completely Bujinkan, yet I'm dabbling in other stuff to see if I like it and see if I could cross train, or at least do the bruce lee of 'absorb what is useful' and I've considered the idea of using some of these weekend seminars to see if I can find anything of use for my own practice, since Im against the idea of a one sided perspective of anything, especially learning.



I'm not saying I'd just go along, enjoy and forget about it later, or if I'd do it all that often, but say if I went to a Bagua seminar, took on board some of the techniques, and found ways to apply the principles to my Bujinkan training (or vice versa), could this be a potentially fruitful means of learning (as long as I enter with an empty cup)? Has anyone here tried this?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire