lundi 18 août 2014

Authentic Tai chi?

Hi. Im floating in the void right now. After my dojo failed I decided to try out other arts. I have tried TKD and while I have a few reservations regarding what I consider a useless sparring format, I know ill enjoy my self none the less.



However I am not committing to anything till I try a few different things.



Next on my list of arts to try is a Tai Chi place in a near by town. http://ift.tt/1rPZ6SQ They claim to be authentic. I have talked to there Sifu and he says they teach application as they go along. The form the do is 140 movement form.(I think that is the proper term)



I asked about more hard style traditional sparring(like I am used to ) and the way he talked about it was that it was more like light sparring.(as opposed to hard heavy contact sparring)



This is the only tai chi place in my area that is even remotely martial in nature. While there are some in Indy, that is not really a feasible drive to make.



So what do you guys think of his curriculum? Do you know of him or his teacher?



I will be dropping in on Wednesday for a free class, is there any thing I should be looking for?



Since Im not getting any younger, im open to trying anything at this point. I am wanting to step out of the mma mind set but I still want a real martial art with practical usage.



Thanks all for your input.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire