lundi 18 août 2014

How would one protect against the "shoot"?

Of course I've had to stop my MT/KB lessons because of torn meniscus in both knees. I am starting PT in two weeks.



I was however thinking about a conversation my instructor and I had about BJJ and how the typical response to protecting against the shoot (that is what I recall it being called) was "yeah, I'd just use an uppercut or my knee when they are on the way in". Now, in fairness to him that is what he has always called his first love (BJJ). His response was that it seems easy, but you really only get one chance, and it would have to be such a fast, accurate defense that it's highly unlikely. He then went on to say... if I want to take you down, there really isn't much you can do about it (speaking from the point of view of one such as myself who has zero experience with the art)



What are your thoughts on this? Pivoting out of the way? I only ask the question as a fun thing. As you all know, I don't compete and have no desire to... and I'm to old :) So this would have to be a street thing. Put it in any scenario that you want though.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire