vendredi 15 août 2014

Which paddle? Straight, single bend or double bend?

On a recent trip to the Bog River I noticed most paddlers in tandem canoes were using bent shaft paddles. One of the guys in our group purchased a new double bend paddle on the ride up. I got a chance to try it out a few days into the trip. Compared to my straight shaft paddle; it was effortless to set in the water. I didn't have to change my grip or the paddle angle or reach; it was ready to go to work when I brought my hands forward. I was shocked at how easy it was compared to my straight shaft paddle.



So, I'm just curious what folks here use; straight, single or double bend paddles... Was it a progression from one to the other? Any good paddle stories out there; passed down from old friends or relatives?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire