samedi 22 novembre 2014

Armor questions.

Hey guys. I know there are a few historical western art guys here and maybe you can help me with a question.



I was wondering what the weakness's were in articulated plate armor? I ask because i was thinking about how a fight with one would go down. I know that most who owned it were rich.



From what i have read they also wore some chain mail under it to add protection. Which would be in addition to the clothing worn underneath that, the gamberson i think it is called.



Now i dont know how many rich guys wore that many layers but it got me thinking. On the battle field how would you kill that guy? I dont think a sword or spear will penetrate the plate and chain on his chest. I also dont know how well it would do if you slipped the knife between the articulations due to the chain.



So in a major battle and for what ever purpose this knight is dismounted and is approached by 1-2 or more guys, how are the lesser armored and armed guys going to deal with this guy? He is a walking tank.



So what was the typical way to deal with those guys? Im aware that powerful long bows and crossbows will do the job but im more interested the rest of the ground force.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire