lundi 3 novembre 2014

Grappling or striking for old man skills?

Apologies as I suspect this is an unanswerable question. But I'll ask anyway!:evil:



Do you think that grappling based arts or striking based arts are easier to participate in (and retain usable skills in) as you get older (50+)?



A couple of qualifying points - for usable skills I am thinking about sparring or rolling rather than kata based training. And in both cases it could be very light sparring, but I think there needs to be some, as well as drilling, pads etc. And I am not talking about being a UFC contender, just enough capability to be confident and have a workable plan in an altercation (i.e. I don't care if I need to drop someone with a seionage or a left hook, I just want to feel I can drop them!)



In my mind the concern with both is injury from regular training - grappling arts because of their wear and tear on the joints (neck, back etc) and striking arts because of the results of heads shots (increasing evidence seems to point to repeated concussions, even when very mild, as being a bad idea)



Thoughts?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire