mercredi 24 août 2016

Canoe seat options, and a portage yoke rant

So, I managed to stuff my knee through the cane seat on my Wenonah Adirondack Kevlar canoe last weekend. I'm guessing a replacement is likely inexpensive enough, but I was wondering if I'm making a mistake by ordering an exact replacement, or if I should be considering the nylon web option they offer. Honestly, I didn't have any issue with comfort with the original one, but if someone tells me there's a better option that's going to knock my socks off, I'm all ears.


Now, for the rant...

The factory portage yoke is a joke. Yes, it digs into my shoulders a bit, but that's not really my main gripe. It wants to slide OFF my shoulders,cap I'm left with no choice but to hold the gunwales and push forward with a considerable amount of force just to keep the darn thing on me! Despite being so light weight, my hands are so tired from death gripping the gunwales that it's noteworthy, and that can't be right. Are their aftermarket options for this? Some trick I'm not aware of to prevent this?

Thanks in advance for any tips or insights!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire