lundi 29 août 2016

Quiet water camping

Hello,
Am looking to take my wife and 8 year old twins up for a 2 night canoe camping trip. We usually do Tioga Point on Racquette Lake but are looking for something a little less susceptible to wind and chop, and for a change of pace.

Also, we are outgrowing a 17' canoe when the dog comes with (and he will be coming along) so are going to split into two canoes for this trip. I am looking for a fairly small body of water but with campsites along the shore - under 2 miles from put in.

Am considering South Pond between Long and Blue Mountain lakes and Cedar River Flow between Indian Lake and Inlet. I'd like to keep it Central to Western as I'm coming out of Rochester and want as much daylight getting in as possible.

Am wondering if anyone has paddled either of these and or if anyone has other spots in the area they can recommend.

I did a search but a flood of hits came back that didn't give me any specifics - I am not so good on the search feature...

Thanks,
Martin


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire