mardi 20 décembre 2016

Forms/Kata competitions

Just wondering, do many people here ever compete in forms/kata competitions and what do people think of them?

I recently did rather well in one (funnily enough performing a set another MAP member has accused me of not possibly knowing :P) and while I am happy with my achievements and thought it was a great experience, on reflection my main feelings are:

1) I still have so much room for improvement
2) It isn't at all a test of my martial ability

I also feel a little hypocritical - I still firmly believe that forms are a means to an end and not an end in themselves, but then there I was partaking in a competition where all I am being judged on is my ability to perform them... but I still want to do it again!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire