mardi 6 décembre 2016

Please suggest moderate 2 day backpack hike for family of 4

I grew up in Ausable valley climbing mountains and picking off leaches after a summer swim.. my heart is in the mountains and I want to share that with my family. We live in Florida and will be driving up in the last week of May. My husband and I, our daughter (17) and son (7) all love hiking and camping. Although my son is young; he has hiked rigorous trails with me up to 7 miles so far and loves it. We are very schooled in gear and necessities and all are very physically fit.

With all of that said, I really need a suggestion for a two to three day, multipeak, moderate to light climb rate (no scaling) loop.. I prefer to camp mid mountain and not at the bottom trails. The main idea for the kids is packing in primitive experience.

* must be able to camp with fire
*waterfalls a huge plus
* beautiful summit views a must

We are also taking the second half of our week to do something fun and interesting with the kids in the area any suggestions on that would be awesome !! We would like to find a rustic small inexpensive privately owned cabin to rent or private land to camp on for the second half. Thank you !!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire