jeudi 26 septembre 2019

Old Loggers Path: Masten CCC Camp, then and now.

This is pretty neat. I recently stumbled across a website with photos of CCC Camps from around the country. Included on the site is this photo of CCC Camp S-80 in Masten, PA. Masten is somewhat well known in PA hiking circles today as being the traditional trailhead for the Old Loggers Path.

Having done a few trips on the OLP over the years, something about the old photo of the CCC Camp looked familiar- the pine seedling planted in parallel rows along the walkway. I looked through my photos from my 2012 hike of the OLP, and sure enough I found this photo, which I believe are the same trees, nearly 80 years later- and all grown up. The buildings are long gone, but the Masten area remains a neat spot to poke around and explore (there's a few chimneys left behind if nothing else).

Side by side comparison: https://imgur.com/a/3PjjkoB


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire