vendredi 1 août 2014

Judo in MMA

So my first unofficial Judo lesson will be tomorrow (the guy wants me to teach him a little about thai clinching, which I'm comfortable with).



Rather than derail the judo thread that should probably die anyway, I wanted to talk about the pros and cons of Judo in MMA.





Some brilliant and perfectly valid points were brought up that I would like to discuss and possibly counter. I would also love to hear others experiencees and thoughts.



Quick side note: I'm learning Judo because a) it's awesome b) To help with BJJ comps c) For MMA



First point and Counter



Judo is trained in a gi, and is much more about push and pulling, rather than grecos rotation based throws.



Counter - So is BJJ, yet people still use it. Yes some throws are risky, so practice the most applicable.



2 - You have to be elite in Judo to make it work in MMA



Counter - The few people I've sparred with who do or did judo years ago have all excelled at throwing others in the class and landing in dominant position. At the elite level people say that there are not many that apply it, but think about how many actual judoka there are in MMA. Not a lot. The ones that are black belts or better have success with it.



3 - It will change your stance and the way you fight



Counter - It probably will, but I doubt it will be in a negative way.





If anybody else would like to weigh in I would love to hear it (:



(and if a mod really wants to merge this I wouldn't be offended :p)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire