mercredi 1 octobre 2014

Loon Lake Mountain trail question

Hello from a new member.



It's been awhile since I hiked the Adirondacks, and several of us spent a glorious week in the Paul Smiths area last week (September 20 - 27). We had great weather, and the foliage probably peaked while we were there.



On the advice of a great guy at St Regis Paddling Center (whose name I unfortunately didn't get), we decided to summit Loon Lake mountain. What a gem of a trail! I think I'll continue to visit the mountain over the years to see the progress in the trail condition, or when I have time, volunteer for trail work.



Here, finally, is the question. The topo maps all show another trail that approaches the summit from a more westerly direction. What's the story with that one? It looks like the access from the logging road is probably on private property.



While we were at the summit, I believe I could see the remains of that trail by looking under the branches of a fir tree, but I didn't want to bushwhack around up there and damage any vegetation, or risk getting off the approved trail onto private property.



Anyway, thanks for reading, tia for any answers, and keep on truckin!



Tom




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire