samedi 21 février 2015

Looking to start martial arts and have some beginner questions!

Hey all,



I've found a gym near me that does a lot of Muay Thai classes each week and has a lot of positive reviews, so was looking to start soon.



I'm 29, in okay shape (I run 8km 4 times a week at the moment so not super fit but reasonable enough) though if I'm honest my upper body is pretty pathetic.



There is an outdoor 'gym' at a park near my home, which has a combination of pull up bars, benches and lower bars etc and was wondering if you guys could suggest a workout I could start before I begin classes. I am guessing a combination of pressups, pullups and crunches but more specific advice would be really appreciated!



Also, I'm pretty nervous about beginning. I've never really done contact sport before and I'm not sure I'd want to compete for a long while (if at all) though sparring would be fun I think. Does Muay Thai tend to cater well for people who want to get fit, or would I be better off looking for something else?



Just finally, I wear glasses with a prescription of -2. I've read around and it seems fairly mixed, but would you guys suggest getting contact lenses or going in with slightly blurry vision?



Sorry for the long post!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire