mercredi 25 février 2015

Training in japan? got a few questions

Im considering the possibility of going out to japan to further my training post uni. My sensei had to close shop from illness and since then my 1st dan certificate has come through. While I'm dabbling in other arts right now (Bagua and a few other chinese styles) I'm thinking of heading to japan anyway and going to train with the top brass. I've found a hotel location thats walking distance and some target amount of cash for how much I think I'd need but I have some other questions.



1. While I was actively training with my sensei, I often heard of people going away as 1st dan's and coming back 3-4th dan, among claims that dan grades are given out like candy. Is this something to expect if I do go or is that just rumour?



2. Will I probably need to bring a lot of weaponry? I've got the usual mllarky of rubber shuriken, oak bokken and bo, tanto, wakisashi etc. If so, can there be problems getting that through customs?



3. How are visas? Im considering 3 months to be my length of stay and I think that's below the need for a VISA from the UK if I'm correct.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire