lundi 28 novembre 2016

Best laid plans

So there was nearly 2 ft of snow in the Taconics this past Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. I was busy all week (it happens, sometimes) and couldn't break free until Saturday.
No problem, I figured, I know the snow pack would take a hit, and it would likely be soggy powder, but at least I would get a few loops in.
So I anxiously packed my Jeep with skis, skins, boots and poles.

Then a tenant called, tub was not draining and the faucet leaked.
Nothing to it. I clear the clog then continue on and get my few runs in.
So I put my ski clothes is a bag, put on my sloppy clothes and drove over there. After all, how long can it take to pull out a hair clog and swap in a gasket or o-ring?

Well, I won't bore you with the details, but it ended up being a really sh!tty job, 7 short hours later I was done.

And I was done...if you know what I mean.
Short term forecast is for too warm for snow temps.

So it goes.

A few years ago, MDB and I did a little trip to the Keys. My ski buddies were nice enough to send me videos and photos of them skiing at Plattekill...in the middle of what turned out to be a total of 7 feet of powder! Once in a lifetime for those guys.
And where was I? In some rented piece of plastic in a mangrove swamp!

I guess I can't always have a fairy tale life.

Anyone else have tales of "the powder that got away"?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire