mercredi 24 mai 2017

Adirondack Paddle trip this summer with son..

Hello everyone - This is my first post. Forgive me if this topic was covered in another thread. My son just graduated from college and we are planning a 3-4 day canoe camping trip in the Adirondacks. We are thinking mid to late July. We are both experienced outdoorsman, and competent in a canoe. With that being said, I haven't taken an extended canoe trip since I went with my own dad when I was a kid :) I have been on many "day trips" in a canoe since that excursion many years ago, but not overnight/multiple day since then. We are looking for the following characteristics in the trip:

1. Fairly remote. Ok with seeing some people, but would rather not see LOTS of people.

2. Loop trip. I prefer to put in and take out in the same spot. No shuttling.

3. Moderate portages - This is the one I am most leery about. I have a pretty good sized Old Town "Camper" and don't want to get into multiple, long portages if it can be avoided.

Bonuses:

~ Native trout fishing
~ Rustic campsites

Thank you for reading. I would GREATLY appreciate any advice/suggestions/caveats this community can offer. Cheers,

Pat M.
Rochester, NY


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire