jeudi 22 janvier 2015

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome exercises

So Im not sure that this is the right thread, I searched a bit but could find anything specific to this topic.



Im 38 and started hitting the gym about 3 years ago. I dropped some weight (a very good thing in my case) about 55 pounds. I have moderate CTS and lifting caused quite a bit of pain. I switched to straight cardio on stationary bike and ellipitical. I also started hiking and backpacking quite a bit more. Im still a round dude at 250lbs but way healthier than when I started. I have been pretty bored with the running and bike so I signed up for some classes at a Shaolin Kempo school in Salem Or.



My first session is this Saturday but I wanted to start now with trying to improve my wrist stability, strength and endurance. I didn't think to ask anyone about it when I signed up earlier this week.



Currently I can do a few pushups with so/so posture. I can hold what I think is called an extended plank (straight arm rather then elbow found out the elbow one existed for the first time last night)for about 1:20 and maintain what feels like the correct posture. My grip is fairly weak (I think) but Ive completed all of my doctor assigned PT but none the less I still cant seem to feel like my hand and wrist strength has built back up.



Any suggestions for improvement? I googled it but my google fu is week and didn't seem to be finding the answers I sought.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire