mardi 27 janvier 2015

Chiba Shinichi

A blast from the past!



I just saw this photo of Chiba Shinichi, probably my favourite chambara and martial arts actor of all time, with Ishizuka-sensei and Hatsumi-sensei. Does anyone know more about this? I would be curious to hear more and, of course, see more photos if anyone has them!







I know he had a rather distinguished career as a martial artist, as a personal student of Oyama-sensei, Doshin So, and several other luminaries of 20th century budo. There's also a book (目で見て学ぶ居合道 新陰流) about Shinkage-ryu iai by Oyama Masao from about a decade ago, for which he wrote the introduction. (I'm honestly tempted to get it before it goes out of print to get a Japanese friend to translate that introduction for me.)



Now, a little Iga vs Koga action for the youngsters who haven't seen the man move. (It's not the best clip of him I could find online, but I thought it was a better fit than his Kyokushin).











Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire