vendredi 13 mars 2015

Seeking more kayak advice...

I recently posted asking about inexpensive kayaks. I have totally changed my mind and decided to get the Old Town Dirigo. It is a comfortable recreation kayak I have paddled. I figure to pull the trigger quickly as I have seen decent close-out prices on-line.



However, I am not sure if I want the 10'6" model (42 lbs) or the 12' model (50 lbs). I am not sure if the 1'4" extra length is worth the 8 extra pounds. Advice? I'm not figure on portaging (much), but I have recently developed some shoulder arthritis (overhead pushing is the problem - not anticipating paddling issues).



Also, how do you lock kayaks on car carriers? I expect to have this things sit on the car while I hike, and possible camp for a night.

Thanks for your time,

Mark




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire