dimanche 30 octobre 2016

How do you teach Krav maga without it becoming a complete disaster?

Krav maga is interesting but how does one teach it without it becoming a complete disaster?

What I mean by this is that (to quote my instructor). I encourage people to spar to test out their techniques and see if they work, and sparring with striking arts and rolling with bjj allows you to do that. However, with Krav Maga, how could you even spar since all the techniques are basically cheap shots like eye gouges, fish hooks, kicks to the knees, kicks to the groin, etc? Also, the biggest question is how do you realistically teach gun disarms? I mean, really if someone teaches a correct way to do a jab and that person does it wrong in a street fight, then oh well, they get a black eye and maybe if they are really unlucky a broken jaw. However, if someone is mugging you and you do a gun disarm wrong, then you're dead, GAME OVER! Also, from my understanding, most grappling styles will make you do various throws, various submissions, and things of the sort, and then when you get really advanced they might teach you something lethal like how to snap someone's neck. However, from my understanding, krav teaches you this pretty early on, so if your new students do spar, how do they keep from killing one another? I'm not trying to criticize krav, I just want to know how instructors teach and still manage to avoid these issues?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire