mardi 25 octobre 2016

Training while shins are bruised/painful/etc?

So I took my first MT class yesterday. I used the gym loaner shin guards. They were pretty thin. (Also, worst smell ever.)

I took a large number of kicks on them (learning blocks). Two of the kicks seemed to hit the same spot, and really dug in hard into my shin. It was pretty painful the first time but ignore-able, the second time I nearly fell down it was so painful and had to stop drilling for 30 seconds to recover. No other kicks hit that spot that night, but it still hurt (mildly) in that spot when I took kicks elsewhere for the rest of the class.

I have a pretty nasty bruise there now. Its much bigger than the bruises over other parts of my shins (which don't really hurt and look pretty superficial).

Are there any health concerns with continuing to train before this heals up?
If its just painful but not doing any long-term damage to me I would like to keep training (hopefully it will heal a bit by next class).

I'll also ask my instructor of course, if it is still painful when I go back, but wanted to see if anyone had thoughts/advice regarding this here as well.

(BTW, I have my own shin guards which are much better padded. I will bring to the next class. I foolishly forgot them for my first class.)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire