mercredi 22 août 2018

Aug 7- West Jimmy Creek Falls

The family took our annual trip to Wells during the week of Aug 4-11. We were fortunate to be there for Old Homes Days which was fun.

On the Tuesday, the kids were fishing with a friend they met and my wife was reading a book, so i decided to take care of some "unfinished" business at West Jimmy Creek Falls. I say unfinished because my son, a friend and his son attempted this hike on a whim 3 years prior. We were out for a bike ride around the lake and i mentioned that the falls was "just" down West River Rd. I hadn't exactly mapped how far the falls was, nor did i appreciate the hilly nature of things on a bike vs a car. By the time we got to Jimmy Creek, the kids... then 8yrs old were already exhausted. We were out of water too. Anyhow we made it into the woods and got as far as the small lower falls before we turned back as we still had the long bike ride back.

This time I drove to the creek, passing it by some margin avoiding the private land near the creek mouth. After a mildly hairy trip over the hill and down to the creek, i followed the creek path for a while, before rock hopping the rest of the way to the falls. When i caught my first glimpse of the falls, i was surprised how high they were. I really wished the rest of the gang from 3 years back would have been there to see it with me. After a quick refreshing dip at the base, i made my way back to the cabin.

Later in the week, the family ventured out to Holmes Lake, Chimney Mt, and twice went to Christine Falls. Another great week for the family!

https://youtu.be/w1w--_xAf1w


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire