samedi 4 août 2018

La Verendrye Reserve and (vs?) Algonquin Provincial Park

I'm sitting here stewing in aggravation and frustration that my plans to go back out to Banff / Jasper for a backpacking trip this coming week didn't work out, again due to nobody to go with. The few people I would normally ask couldn't go.

I'm reluctantly / grudgingly thinking about alternate ideas for the week. My wife and I could throw the canoe on the car and drive as far into Canada as we wanted to do some canoe camping. It just feels like distant second plans and I don't know if mentally I'd appreciate it as much as I would if I had planned to do that in the first place.

Anyhow, any of you been to Alqonquin Provincial Park and / or La Verendrye Reserve? How do they differ? Which one is more beautiful? Which one is "wilder"?

On a map it looks like there are a few roads that penetrate the interior of La Verendrye - are they good enough to drive a Honda Civic on them?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire