lundi 20 août 2018

Pike fishing newbie

I got asked to go on a pike fishing trip next month with a friend. His young son is obsessed with catching a big pike (he lost one last year when it got spooked by the landing net).

I’m looking for advice on tackle and tactics as I’ve not fished specifically for pike before. I’ve caught them while bass fishing but those were a fluke. Do you cast and retrieve or drop shot and wait? Is there a method using a float that works similar to ice fishing?

I know mentioning specific bodies of water is taboo here but if anyone is willing to share anything please PM me. I live close to the Sacandaga but that lake is just too big for a one day outing without prior knowledge of the structure. We were thinking of something more North.

Thank you


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire