dimanche 28 décembre 2014

Spruce Mtn Firetower 12/27/14

I hiked Spruce Mtn (Corinth) to see how many trees were down form the snowstorm earlier in the month. There was not very much down in the trail. This is a quick ski loop not too far from where I live, so I was glad to see that the trail is passable.



I was surprised to see that a lot of work has been done on the tower. All of the stair treads and platforms have been replaced. Two sets of stars were removed, so that you cannot go up the tower. There is also a small radio antena on the tower with power from a nearby pole. It looks like a few trees that were close to the tower have been removed. It does not look like anything has been done to the cab. I'm not sure if this work was done to open the tower for public use or if was for the communication antenna only. It would be great to have the tower open. Photo of the tower is below. You can see the new wood on the steps.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire