mardi 20 janvier 2015

Page 3 -Smut Or A British Institution?

What are everyone's thoughts on page?



I've heard arguments for page 3 from "why are women telling each other what jobs they can do? Page 3 is empowering", "it's innocent and old fashioned", "it cheers me up" and "it's sensoring freedom of the press to stop it"



Arguments against I've heard are "it shows women in sexualised contexts displaying a value of women that is based on their sexual Appeal only." "because it shows women only ever modelling and shows men in a variety of roles which sends a unequal message of success to young girls In a national large news paper"



Personally I wouldn't have a problem with page 3... As long as the sun showed pictures of women politicians and athletes in professional roles on other pages and if page 4 showed sexualised men (I'm talking topless David beckham wearing tight boxers that hug his trouser meat)

That's equality.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire