vendredi 2 janvier 2015

Recent HEMA Demo

I recently went to the Royal Armouries and was surprised to see that they run almost daily HEMA exhibits.

The sunday I went had a two handed sword display and explained the history, the attempts at recreation from combat manuals and the various styles of the time.



I was thoroughly impressed. It seemed to share many principles with other weapons styles but was also great to see such a display when surrounded by armour and weapons from that time period/



I'll try to get up the video I took

They explained the mortschlager (spelling?) and half swording as well as italian "flower of combat" style and some other style i cant remember. there was also an explanation on different types of guards and such.



Was really awesome stuff.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire