jeudi 21 juillet 2016

2016 Whitetail season

It will be here soon enough. Has anyone else started their scouting?

Made it out to the backwoods last weekend to check on a trail camera I set out in May. Mostly, I knew that deer would be there, but I was hoping to see what kind of activity was there and if there were good buck numbers. I was also relieved to get some good pictures after bushwhacking through dense wet vegetation and hordes of deer flies.

Over the course of six weeks I had just over 1,000 pictures. While a lot were the same animal just hanging out in front of the camera for 10-20 pictures, deer were there pretty much daily. I counted three different bucks, all likely to be six points or greater. I was a little surprised to not see spikes or twin fawns considering the mild winter.

Though I did have a good sized sow with triplets (photo 1).

The first buck in June gave me nice look (photo 2):

He shows up again in July (this is the same camera, but a different angle thanks to a young bruin using it as a chew toy) (photo 3):

I'll be curious to see how much more tine length he gets over the next 4-6 weeks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BearJune.jpg (113.5 KB)
File Type: jpg BuckJunerev.jpg (57.6 KB)
File Type: jpg BuckJulyrev.jpg (91.8 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire