vendredi 22 juillet 2016

Jesupp's River Overnight

Finding myself drawn to the NPT as of late. Perhaps it's the "newness" of the trail to me or the fact I can create these perfect, symbolic, iconic fires of the Adirondack woods, that I mostly can't partake in since the overwhelming majority of my hikes have been in the EHP, and of course fires are not allowed.

Left Clifton Park, NY around 8 or so Wednesday and arrived at the Piseco trail head at 10:00 AM. Thoroughly enjoyed the brand new pavement of route 30 from Northville to Wells in my sports car btw, and the view of the Sac along the way certainly is world class scenery.

I was greeted by a cloud of angry, enraged deerflys on a jihad to suck every drop of blood they could from me, however my french foreign legion style hat eliminated their classic attack from behind method.
Just another feet friendly, beautiful black dirt trail for the entire length of this trail sans the occasional rock sections. I bumped my mileage up to 6.6 miles one way this time with a 29# backpack. Was considering just doing the 4.4 to Fall Stream but my legs felt stronger after two trips so far this year. Think I arrived at Jesupp's River around 2 or 3 and pitched my tent, went on a major wood patrol and boiled up some well deserved calories. After dinner I took a leap of faith and submerged my salt encrusted body in the the Jesupp. There is a perfect hole around 4' deep right at the camping spot with a big rock for your towel and fresh clothes so enduring the bone chilling water is minimized.
Was forced to start the fire a bit earlier than I wanted, however the mosquitoes boiled up from the ground in number I have rarely seen and the smoke quickly bushslapped them away.
After a peaceful night's sleep induced by the sounds of water babbling in the river, I quickly ate bfast, packed up, hiked out and was on the road by noon.
Beautiful area and just loved the remoteness and serenity.

Link here for the pics;

http://ift.tt/2aizb5R


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire