dimanche 31 juillet 2016

Certification Issue

Hello - Years ago I was promoted to 1st Dan at my former dojang. I was give a certificate and later went to another Dojang (WTF/Kukkieon certified) and found out my certificate was fraudulant. This was a major blow to me as a 16 year old after working for about 5 years. I felt as if my time was wasted. I understand some may say the association/school should not matter. Howevr, I am against being given something that is not true.

I have gone to ither dojangs in the past but due to work/finances and was either told I can wear my black belt but have to work up to their program...or start over as a white belt, where I skipped belts at promotions. I had instructors recognize I was certainly no white belt at sparring sessions.

I have seen there are guys who have advertised certifying online taekwonwoo and others. I am now in my late 20's and also training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu primarily and work full time. I have lost some flexibility but mentally that stuff never leaves you.

Is something like that worth it? I may sound stupid but I dreamed of being reconized by the Kukkiwon and knowing my dojang's lineage.

Kind Regards,
A confused/disappointed and frustrated student


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire