lundi 25 juillet 2016

More than a hobby?

I don't know, it started out as a way to get a vehicle for a bargain...but somehow it's turned into something else entirely!

I've always liked Jeeps, been driving one since '86 or '87.
I stumbled on a TJ that was an insurance wreck. Needed a front axle, some steering components and a fender.



Drove it for 2 years, sold it in 2 days for a tidy profit.



Then I found another wrecked Jeep, an LJ, or Unlimited TJ.
This one needed a front axle (surprise!), some steering components, a bumper, a front driveshaft...



4 years so far, and it's still worth twice as much as I have invested in it!

Along the way was this one, fixed and retitled (it was a really nice one!), sold in 2 days for an obscene profit.



While I was inspecting the LJ to bid on it, I stumbled on a wrecked Kawasaki 900...you have to look carefully, damage is nearly non existent.



Rode it for a year or so, until I stumbled upon this wrecked Triumph Bonneville. Once I had the Bonnie, I sold the Kawi for a nice profit.
I'm still riding the Bonnie, it's definitely a keeper. Oh, and it's worth roughly 3 times my investment in it.



Then I picked up this Harley, a soft tail heritage classic, it outweighs me by 650 lbs!!

Here's the before and afters









The Harley will be inspected and retitled in a week or so, it's a very lengthy process, just like all of the others. Someone will get a nice bike, and I will make a small profit (a miscalculation on my part).

And then my son found this wrecked Moto Guzzi, we zipped down to Virginia to pick it up. Damage was limited to the ignition switch! 203 miles on it!!

Here's the two of us heading out for a ride, him on his 2015 V7 Stone Classic, me on my Bonnie. That Guzzi is like a piece of motorized art.
Oh, and he paid 25% of what it is worth.



Which brings me to this month's project...MDB thought she might like this 2011 Volvo S80. Maybe she'll keep it, maybe we'll sell it, dunno yet.



It looks bad, doesn't it? But it's all bolt on parts and paint.
So, you see what's happened...I just can't help myself!

Anyone else have a "hobby" that turned into something entirely different?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire