vendredi 29 juillet 2016

Noah J. Rondeau's former hermitage site

I will soon be hiking the section of the NPT that passes the site of the old hermitage and I just had a quick question. Is the clearing with the sign marking the site right along the current route of the NPT or is there still a spur trail which leads to the spot, as it was in the old days?

I will be hiking southwest and know that if I make it to Ouluska LT I've gone too far, but I'm wondering if I should be keeping an eye out for a spur trail before that point or not. I've seen it described as just a small clearing with a sign along the trail - just wasn't clear if that was still the NP trail.

I'd sure hate to miss it as I've been a bit fascinated with Noah ever since seeing one of his old cabins at the Adirondack Museum as a kid. I remember thinking it was the coolest thing… still do for that matter! It's one of the things I am most looking forward to on this trip.

Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire