jeudi 6 octobre 2016

Possibily starting WTF TKD

I have been practicing Iaido for about a year now, and still enjoy it, however I miss the sparring I used to do in the previous arts I used to practice (BJJ, Judo, TKD).

I recently learned of a WTF school that is close to where I live and the training times match with my work schedule, so I have decided to go have a look.

The majority of my background is in TKD, AIMAA and ITF respectively, but I have little to no idea how WTF operates. What defines a good school in this organisation? What is the normal ratio of sparring to patterns? Are there any secret handshakes or code words necessary?* What should I expect from a normal class? Is there anything in praticular to WTF to be careful of? Any advice would be appreciated.

Lastly, due to my work I cannot (sadly) turn up with obvious injuries (to the face for example) and so on. This would be the first time, if all goes well with the school. that I have practiced an art which competes under full-contact rules. I feel in my current situation that semi-contact would be the most appropriate, but I would be interested to hear the opinion of any of the members here are or have practiced WTF TKD.



(*This is a joke.)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire