dimanche 23 octobre 2016

What's your problem?

That what I want to know in this thread. :D

Seriously, what are you struggling with in your martial arts practice. What is of particular difficulty. What isn't coming to you easily? Where are you getting stuck?

In my Choy Li Fut practice, it is my kicks. I am trying to practice my kicks a lot, because I didn't do it much for awhile due to injuries. And I am really behind where I should be.

And some kicks are not progressing well, despite my focus on them. It is frustrating me.

In sparring, my big issues that I am focusing on are increasing my footwork skills and speeding up and timing my kicks better. I rarely land a kick as an opening move. I am told I telegraph it with my set up. And I am slow.


In my Tai Chi Chuan practice my big issue is loosening up. I think every move through and apparently is shows that I am thinking too hard. But just letting go and trusting my training is hard. I think it is my OCD. I analyze everything in life. My brain is constantly running through details. Figuring out how to shut that down some is very hard.


So, I hope others will share what is actually going on in their training. What they are particularly trying to improve.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire