lundi 1 mai 2017

This weekend

Anyone know if the state has made any sort of push for new cell towers? I am asking because I did (or attempted) another overnight in a pond this weekend and, for the 3rd time this season, I had damn near full service and 4g. I thought this was supposed to be a backwoods experience!

Anyways, back to the fishing. Hiked into the pond, and let's just say the conditions are drastically different from the 1st 2 weeks following initial ice out. This is a normal pattern I know but it seems to be in full effect. Fishing was slow slow slow. I can deal with that, it's part of fishing, but the wind was ripping making the entire experience overall not that pleasant. With that in mind, I packed up my entire camp and headlamped it out of the woods. I woke up the next morning and hit a river and lost an absolute beast rainbow. Would have been my biggest rainbow ever, but that will forever remain just a story as the fly popped out as I was netting it due to my stupidity. at least I got to fight it for a while.

I was surprised to catch a nice brookie! This was probably my best stream caught brookie outside of my catches in Maine. I don't catch very many stream brookies in the areas I fish. Doing another pond this weekend hopefully this week kicks up the activity.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire